The message board is a place for suggestions and discussions. If you have a time sensitive question related to the association, please contact either the Executive Director (bcvtaboard@gmail.com) or the president of the association. Thank you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ElaineTaylor
    Participant

Hi

Does anybody know how to dispose of used radiology fluids?

we recenty swiched to digital (ultra-cool) but have some used dental x-ray fluids and maybe a little bit of unused film.

thank-you!

Elaine

ElaineTaylor
    Participant

How did we dispose of used radiology fluids before digital machines arrived?

anybody know?

Elaine

TracyHeyland
    Participant

Sadly, we poured ours down the drain many years ago. I’m not convinced that is the correct way to do things. I wonder if they teach this at Douglas? Maybe a teacher or a student would know?

CathyHall-Patch
    Participant

Our used fixer and developer is picked up by a company that is licensed to dispose of these items along with other chemicals coming out of the Chemistry dept. at the university. Check with your company that picks up your sharps – they may do this kind of thing also or direct to who does….

LindsayRamage
    Participant

Hi Elaine,
    Similar to what Cathy mentioned, our company that took care of our sharps (BioTox?… but dont’ quote me on that) used to pick up our used fluids for us.
    Good luck!

Our local photography shop will dispose of the used/exhausted fixer for us at no charge because it is such a small amount (dental rads only). Do not pour it down the drain – heavy metals bad for everyone. Read MSDs sheet for a proper scare.

cathy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘BCVTA Members Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.