The message board is a place for suggestions and discussions. If you have a time sensitive question related to the association, please contact either the Executive Director (bcvtaboard@gmail.com) or the president of the association. Thank you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    AmandaUnger
    Participant

Hi, I just started at a new clinic and we use FreeStyle Libre on some of our diabetic patients. We use surgical glue or skin glue to apply it to keep them on. I really would like to stop using this method. Does anyone else use it in there clinic? What do you use to apply it to keep it on??

Thanks so much,

Amanda

JenniferRabinovitch
    Participant

Yes! We use surgical glue too. Which one are you using? Why do you want to stop?

AmandaUnger
    Participant

Hi Jennifer, tanks for replying. We use RiverBrand surgical adhesive. Its really hard to remove and very irritating to the skin. I’ve tried using mineral oil too.

ShannonConn
    Participant

Hello,

we use the FreeStyle at our facility as well. I find that during the initial application, if I hold down on the applicator against the patient for a count of at least 20 seconds, this helps the sensor’s adhesive stick really well to their skin. Otherwise, I will apply 3m Tagaderm transparent dressing over the entire sensor. The monitor/a cell phone can still read through it.
    Hope this helps!

AmandaUnger
    Participant

Thanks Shannon for your reply!! I think I will try that on our next patient.

AmandaUnger
    Participant

Hi Jennifer, what do you use to remove it?

JenniferRabinovitch
    Participant

Hi Amanda,

Sorry I didn’t see your reply. I’ll usually use the easeoff spray which works really well usually. Sometimes clients just elect to leave the adhesive on (we take off the sensor) until the fur grows back a bit and it is easier to remove.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘BCVTA Members Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.