The message board is a place for suggestions and discussions. If you have a time sensitive question related to the association, please contact either the Executive Director (bcvtaboard@gmail.com) or the president of the association. Thank you.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    BCVTA
    Keymaster

Good afternoon,

My name is Anne-Sophie Cardinal and I am a doctoral student in Psychology (PhD-PsyD) at University of Quebec in Montreal (UQAM), under the supervision of Brian L. Mishara, Director of CRISE (Center for Research and Intervention on Suicide, Ethical Issues and End-of-life Practices).

Following my previous email sent in June, I am very happy to write you again today to inform you that we just launched (48 hours ago) the study on psychological distress and suicide among all animal health professionals throughout Canada and several other countries. And to invite you to share the invitation to all your members. The aim of the study is to better understand the difficulties at work and also the risk and protective factors in the face of suicide, which will be very useful for organizations and workplaces wishing to apply subsequent recommendations.

So far, 481 professionals (veterinarians, vet technicians, shelter workers, animal cruelty inspectors, admin staff, etc.) have completed the survey, which is wonderful! The more participants we will reach, the stronger and more valuable the study will be. So, of course, having the BCVTA and the RVTTC contribute to the study by sharing the questionnaire to its members would be wonderful! The CVMA and associations from various provinces for DVMs and vet techs will also share in the coming days/weeks.

The questionnaire is hosted on a secure and anonymizing server at UQAM. FYI, even myself as the principal researcher of the study cannot see the info and IP addresses of participants, to protect their confidentiality. The survey available now and will be open until mid-December. You will find the invitation below and attached, as well as the links (in both French and English), to share with your members and all professionals in animal health care:

ENGLISH: https://limesurvey.uqam.ca/index.php/246424?lang=en
    FRENCH: https://limesurvey.uqam.ca/index.php/246424?lang=fr

I remain fully available, should you have any questions or comments. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you very much and kind regards from Montreal,

Anne-Sophie Cardinal

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘BCVTA Members Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.