Looking for a Locum? The BCVTA has several RVT members offering locum services. This is a voluntary listing of members with openings for locum placements. The information for each locum listing has been provided and approved by the individual RVT. To enquire about any of the RVTs listed in the directory, please contact them using their contact information.
All individuals listed on this page are current members of good standing of the BCVTA.
Looking for information on becoming a locum?
Locum work is becoming more popular among RVTs as a way to fill vacancies and have more control over things like scheduling and work environment. We are working on a fact sheet to help get you started, so stay tuned!
If you have additional questions or you would like to be added to the directory, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- E: email@example.com
- P: 604.722.3883
**Text or email preferred
Region: Lower Mainland
Species: Will work with all species
- Graduated as Valedictorian in 2022 from Douglas College
- 7 years experience as a Veterinary Assistant
- Currently full time RVT at Boundary Bay Veterinary Specialty Hospital
- Looking to work with a wide variety of species and experiences for future application to veterinary school
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- P: 250.299.1523
Region: Prefer to work in Kelowna, but will work in areas around Kelowna such as Lake Country and West Kelowna
Species: Canine and feline preferred, some experience with exotics
- Graduated from TRU in 2019
- 4 Years experience in a small animal clinic in Victoria, BC
- Fear Free and RECOVER certified
- Open to learning more about large animal work
- Particularly interested in anesthesia, surgery, dentistry, and laboratory work
- Interested in working in a variety of practices including small and mixed animal general practice, exotic practices, and specialty hospitals.
- Open to working various hours, including 10-12 hour shifts
Business Name: Hillary Gresdal Locum RVT Services
- E: email@example.com
- Linkedin: Hillary Gresdal Locum RVT
Region: Vancouver Island, Lower Mainland
Species: Canine, feline, equine. Small animal GP/emergency preferred.
- Graduated 2015 from Douglas college
- 10 years clinical experience including: small animal GP including working alongside board certified roaming surgeons for orthopedic procedures, 6 months emergency, and some equine barn call experience.
- Absolutely Love Canine and Feline Dentistry!
- Other skills: Team Leadership, Teaching/Training, Anesthesia, Wound Management, Hospital AdministrationS
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Region: Fraser Valley and Greater Vancouver Regional District preferred, B.C. on request
Species: canine, feline, and pocket pets
- 15 years experience in a variety of practices
- Love for anesthesia and emergency medicine
- Fear Free Certified
Business name: Van Isle Locum RVT
- E: email@example.com
- Linked in profile: Marina (VanIsleLocumRVT) John
Region: Vancouver Island and Vancouver mainland.
Species: most species, other than guinea pigs as they send me into anaphylactic shock.
- 10 years combined experience in swine farrowing, GP, rehabilitation, exotics, ophthalmology, ER, internal medicine, referral & urgent care vet service clinics.
- 2 years of Veterinary Management experience
- Additional certification in Fear Free Handling, Hands Free Radiology and Veterinary Acupuncture.
Business name: Julie Kerr RVT
- E: JulieKerrRVT@gmail.com
- W: JulieKerrRVT.com
- Linkedin profile: Julie Kerr RVT
- Instagram: @juliekerrrvt
Region: All of B.C. Will travel, flying from the Yukon. 2-4 week contracts preferred.
Species: Small animal
- Graduated 2012
- Experienced in remote general practice
- Developing ER triage/outpatient experience
- Excellent soft skills with both colleagues and clients
Coral Shae Kitchen
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- P: 905.933.9915
Region: Fraser Valley, Lower Mainland
Species: All species
- Graduated from Seneca College in 2019
- Currently running my own business providing care for dairy cows
- Provided RVT services in the veterinary industry for 10 years
- E: email@example.com
- P: 604-313-3846
Region: Vancouver, North Shore, Squamish. Other areas of BC and Yukon based on availability.
Species: Canine, feline, marine mammals, wildlife, willing to work with exotics, but still learning to be the best tech for them!
- Graduated in 2013
- Passionate about behaviour medicine
- Level 3 Fear Free Certified
- Dedicated to providing patients with cooperative care medicine
**Available during June to September only.
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- P: 403.831.1120
Region: Preferably North and West Vancouver, willing to travel anywhere in the Lower Mainland or Fraser Valley
Species: Canine and feline
- Graduated from Olds College in 2011
- E: email@example.com
- Linkedin profile: Monica Thomas , RVT, VTS (ECC)
- Locum work: Greater Vancouver Area
- Anywhere in BC for consulting, training, and education
Species: Dogs, cats, pigs, and sheep
- Graduated 2006
- Obtained VTS (ECC) 2017
- RECOVER Certified Instructor
- Background working at an emergency and specialty referral hospital, as well as a biomedical research facility at an academic institution
- Passionate in building and strengthening veterinary teams by giving them confidence and competency through teaching and training emergency-related skills and critical care processes
- Early stages of creating a consulting and education business – reach out for more information!
Business name: Island RVT Services
- E: Shanevalliere13@yahoo.com
- C: 250.729.1410
Region: Duncan to Courtenay
Species: Small animal, exotics, wildlife, some large animal
- Graduated from TRU in 2004
- Experienced in all areas of practice and emergency medicine